Welcome parents, welcome clinicians!
I help parents to support a son or daughter suffering from an eating disorder, in particular anorexia nervosa.
Parents, did you know that you are the most precious and effective person for your child’s recovery?
The resources I offer here give parents both practical know-how and emotional support.
They are in line with the most well-researched approach to treating children and adolescents and possibly beyond: family therapy for eating disorders (also called ‘family-based treatment’ (FBT/Maudsley) or ‘anorexia-focused family therapy’). Clinicians, I invite you to complement your knowledge and tap into the wealth of resources here to deliver the best possible treatment.
I offer you:
- my book, recommended to parents by the experts in the field
- videos and audios
- one-to-one support or coaching for parents
- talks and training for clinicians and parents
- and I campaign for better services
I’m Eva Musby, I’m a parent and I began this journey when my daughter was struck by anorexia age 10. I’ve been gathering expertise on this topic for over 7 years. I keep myself updated so that you can guide a precious person out of their internal hell right away.
I’m linked up with worldwide communities of parents, and with eating disorders experts who highly recommend my resources to their clients.
The resources here will save you years of research and will prevent you going down blind alleys. I want to save you wasting time and struggling unnecessarily the way I did at first . Eating disorders need action fast. I’m here to help you find out what you can do that will make all the difference.
“If only I had had Eva’s books/website/YouTube when my daughter was first struggling, the NHS could have saved so much money.”
(From a parent’s written feedback at one of my workshops)
Where to now?
There’s tons of help on this website — even entire chapters from my book, to get you going right away!
And parents, do tell your clinicians about this site, so other families get this help too.
What you’ll find on this site
- the information you need in a hurry
- practical advice backed up by research from the top scientists in the field
- the know-how I and scores of parents all over the world have gathered from therapists and from personal experience
- the companionship of someone who knows what it’s like, providing hope and confidence
I wish you and yours heaps of good things!